Factors to consider when replacing windows
Replacement windows are one of the best investments you can make in your home. By investing in window and door replacement
you can save monthly on your heating and cooling costs, and add curb appeal with an improved visual appearance. When it comes
to replacement windows, you have a big task ahead of you.
of the things you will want to consider are:
window manufacturers. Andersen Windows (Anderson), Pella Windows, Windows, Jeld-Wen (Jen-Weld) Windows, Milgard, Simonton
• Types of windows. Awning, Bay, Bow, Casement,
Double Hung, Skylights and other replacement window models are available.
• Window replacement materials. wood, metals such as aluminum and steel, fiberglass and woodclad windows,
and also vinyl replacement windows.
Replacement windows come in different
materials like Vinyl, Wood, and Aluminum. Replacement windows have evolved greatly over the years. Wood is still the standard,
but vinyl replacement windows and fiberglass are becoming more common.We've listed some of the most popular materials for
• Vinyl replacement windows are a
great choice as they are very easy to maintain and will never require painting.
• Wood replacement windows are still a popular option when replacing your home's windows.
• Aluminum replacement windows are mostly used in commercial applications,
but are also a good choice for basement windows.
Replacement windows also come in a
wide range of styles. Replacement windows made by companies such as Andersen Windows, Jeld-Wen (Jen-Weld) Windows, Pella Windows,
and Milgard Windows are very similar. We have constructed a list of the most popular styles of replacement windows and their
descriptions. Here are the most common styles of replacement windows:
• Awning Windows - Awning replacement windows are commonly used for ventilation and placed above a door or below
• Casement Windows - Casements are one
of the most popular types of replacement windows, allow for more light to enter, and provide large wide open views.
• Double Hung Windows - Double hungs are a very traditional replacement window,
usually made of wood, most common in older homes on the Eastern Coast of the United States.
this gives you some information that will help you make a decision when replacing your windows. And don't forget to call
The Perfect Edge, Inc. for your project.